Ten Commandments for Horses
1. My life is likely to last 20 or more years. Any separation from you will be painful for me. Remember that before you take me home.
2. Give me time to understand what you want from me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial to my well being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long. Don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I have only you...
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when it is speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it.
7. Remember before you hit me that I am powerful enough to hurt you, but choose not to.
8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I have a problem that you are not yet aware of.
9. Take care of me when I am old. You too will be old one day.
10. Go with me on the last journey. Never say "I can't bear to watch or Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there...
Posted on Facebook